SLO Farmers Custom CSA
Have you been wanting to improve your health and that of your family? You know this means decreasing processed food and increasing fresh vegetables in your diet. You may see a farm CSA as a great way of doing this, but hesitant to sign up because you might not like all of the veggies in a pre-built CSA.
We have the solution for you!
We are excited to offer our first vegetable CSA starting this season, and it will be customizable! This means that you can swap out veggies on our online platform, add any additions for a given week, and pause your account any time for vacation.
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a movement started in the 1980s to provide organic farmers and people who wish to support local and organic foods a way to connect and build a stronger community. This is done by directly supporting the farmer’s efforts to provide local, fresh food to their community, which also helps to build a healthy local economy.
You may ask, well then why don’t we just cut out this SLO Farmer’s Co-op middle-man and have us buy directly with the farmers? Good question. We farmers have built the Co-op together from the ground up to share the role of local marketing and distribution for our food. We are able to employ some great people with coordination and marketing expertise so that the farmers can focus on farming. It’s a win-win-win.
- Farmers receive a greater income by working together
- We create local jobs within SLO.
- You are still connected with your farmer at pickup sites, and at farm events, which we will be scheduling soon! You also gain the ability to pick the produce you want and don’t want in your share, which is not usually an option with a single farm CSA.
Full Circle Community Farm (Green Bay/Appleton/Manitowoc) and Flying Tractor Farm (Door/Kewaunee Counties) are the two main farms working together this pilot year to provide you with fresh, high quality vegetables, herbs, and fruit. The farm closest to your pickup or delivery location is your partner farm, through whom you will be getting the majority of your vegetables. They will be the ones at your pick-up site and should be who you contact with related issues.
20 Week Season: Mid-June to Mid-October
Standard Share $700 ($35/week)
- Variety of 9 - 12 vegetables each week. Feeds a family of 3 to 5, depending on the amount veggies your family typically eats.
Small Share $500 ($25/week)
- Variety of 8 - 10 vegetables each week. Feeds a family of 1 to 3, depending on the amount veggies your family typically eats.
Egg Share add-on $90 ($4.50/dozen/week)
We will pre-fill your online cart each week with $35 (Standard Share) or $25 (Small Share) worth of seasonal produce, depending on which signup option you choose. You can then login anytime Thursday - Saturday to edit your cart. You can remove anything you don't want and add lots of additional produce, meat, eggs, honey, and other items from a large additional selection (minimum weekly order of $20).
Worker Share Option
If you are interested in joining us out at either Full Circle or Flying Tractor Farm for 3 hours per week in exchange for a CSA share please let us know! We need committed individuals who can make the same time each week, or provide an occasional alternate if you can’t make it. Depending on when you are available you could help with harvesting, washing, packing, and/or helping at our pickup sites. Please fill out the form below to indicate your interest:
*If you fill out the application above, you do not need to also fill out the CSA signup form*
Sign Up Now To Reserve Your Spot
To sign up please fill out THIS FORM and send a $200 up-front payment by check, or click the link below to pay by credit card online (note: there is a $5 credit card processing fee for this option)
- Checks can be made out to SLO Farmers Co-op and sent to W2407 Hofa Park Rd. Seymour WI, 54165.
Pick up or Delivery
- Pickup locations will be on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. We will be filling in more detailed times and locations before the season starts. Current locations are:
- Full Circle Community Farm - W2407 Hofa Park Rd. Seymour
- Flying Tractor Farm - 5324 Whitefish Bay Road, Sturgeon Bay
- Business on Lineville Ave. in Howard
- Green Bay Botanical Gardens - Westside Green Bay
- Voyageur Park, Cass Street Parking Lot. DePere
- Little Food Co. - 154 E 2nd St. Kaukauna
- World Headquarters - 620 E. Longview Dr. Appleton
- Short Branch Saloon - 1102 Harrison St. Neenah
- Undecided location in Manitowoc
- We would love to help arrange a pickup site at your place of business or neighborhood, we just need to find a minimum of 7 members per site to make it go!
- Home delivery is also available in select areas for a fee of $7/delivery (please email for eligibility and we will arrange scheduling a regular time)
Produce we plan to include in shares
Availability will be subject to the seasonality of Wisconsin grown produce
Asparagus, arugula, snap beans, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collards, cucumber, eggplant, fennel, garlic/scapes, green onions, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, pac choi, parsnips, peas, peppers, potatoes, radish, rhubarb, salad mix, spinach, summer squash, sweet corn, tomatoes (slicers, paste, and cherry), turnips, winter squash
Cantaloupe, black currants, honeydew, raspberries, watermelon
Basil, chives, cilantro, dill, mint, thyme, sage, parsley, oregano